About this blog

My name is Bill Hirt and I'm a candidate to be a Representative from the 48th district in the Washington State legislature. My candidacy stems from concern the legislature is not properly overseeing the WSDOT and Sound Transit East Link light rail program. I believe East Link will be a disaster for the entire eastside. ST will spend 5-6 billion on a transportation project that will increase, not decrease cross-lake congestion, violates federal environmental laws, devastates a beautiful part of residential Bellevue, creates havoc in Bellevue's central business district, and does absolutely nothing to alleviate congestion on 1-90 and 405. The only winners with East Link are the Associated Builders and Contractors of Western Washington and their labor unions.

This blog is an attempt to get more public awareness of these concerns. Many of the articles are from 3 years of failed efforts to persuade the Bellevue City Council, King County Council, east side legislators, media, and other organizations to stop this debacle. I have no illusions about being elected. My hope is voters from throughout the east side will read of my candidacy and visit this Web site. If they don't find them persuasive I know at least I tried.

Thursday, April 9, 2020

My Global Warming Denier Candidacy,



This morning I successfully used the following to “edit” the list of Republicans for the Wikipedia 2020 Washington State Gubernatorial Elections. 


 Bill Hirt, Global Warming Denier Candidate: Global warming is the cause for increasing atmospheric CO2 not the result. 

(I noticed today they recently "edited" me out)
My previous 8 candidacies have all been attempts to attract readers to my blog detailing Sound Transit and WSDOT decade-long failure to deal with the areas congestion and the Seattle Times and others abiding if not abetting their failure.  The candidacies and more than 850 posts have attracted nearly 150,000 page views and more than 200,000 votes, with more than 48,000 votes for governor, third out of eleven, in 2016 primary without spending a dime campaigning.  This year I’m confident that the Northgate extensions operation in 2021 or the East Link operation in 2023 will vindicate my concerns. 

Again I described the submission as "successful" because Wikipedia had rejected my "Fossil CO2 Emission Hoax" and multiple organizations dealing with the climate change issue ignored my submission.  Thus the goal with this candidacy for governor is to tell as many as possible that the current global warming is the reason for increased CO2 in the atmosphere not the result.  This candidacy is especially warranted as the current governor is one of the prominent advocates for the “global warming” crisis.  

I look forward to debunking his concern that fossil CO2 emissions are an existential threat and his carbon tax response.  That he and other "alarmists" throughout the world have spent hundreds of billions annually for 40 years on renewable energy sources that have done little to change either atmospheric CO2 or global temperature. 

In the meantime I intend to use the following as the Voters’ Pamphlet Candidate Statement.  I will send it to all the media outlets that will likely ignore it.

Candidates Statement
As with my previous 8 candidacies my goal is not to win but to inform as many as possible climatologists grossly overstate the impact of fossil CO2 emissions on global temperatures. 

The world’s fossil CO2 emissions have increased from 22,674 million tons (Mt) in 1990 to 37,077 Mt in 2017.  A plot of CO2 in the atmosphere showed CO2 increased from 320 parts per million (PPM) in 1960 to 396 PPM in 2014. Yet the rate of change from 1970 to 1990 was essentially the same as for 1990 to 2014.  Clearly the 70% increase in fossil CO2 emissions had little impact on the rate of increase of CO2 in atmosphere. 

The whole basis for the fossil CO2 emission global warming concerns is that while CO2 allows the Sun to heat the earth it tends to block radiant heat transfer back to space.  Climatologists have used computer models to conclude that the increased fossil CO2 emissions have 10 times the impact on global temperatures as that from increased heating from the Sun. 

However if a 70% increase in fossil CO2 emissions has not significantly changed the rate of CO2 increase in atmosphere they cannot be the cause for current global warming.  The fact that global temperatures increased from 1970 to 1990 at the same rate as from 1990 to 2017, again, despite the 70% increase in fossil CO2 emissions substantiates that conclusion. 

The only rational conclusion is that global temperatures driven by the Sun have increased CO2 out gassing from ocean surface.  Global temperatures are the cause for increasing CO2 in atmosphere not the result.  The sooner the whole world recognizes that the better.  My candidacy is an attempt to tell them



No comments:

Post a Comment